Thousands of hours and millions of dollars each year are
spent on regulatory actions, studies, and on-the-ground
actions to address Spokane River issues. Some of the
most prominent include:
- Aquifer use and protection.
- Dam relicensing.
- Enhancing and protecting fish and wildlife habitat.
- Issuing permits to municipal and industrial facilities.
- Cleaning up litter and hazardous waste.
- Reducing persistent toxic chemicals and heavy metals.
- Managing river flows.
- Supporting recreational access.
- Managing the shoreline.
- Improving water quality.