811 Know what’s below. Call before you dig.


Whether you are planning to do it yourself or hire a professional, smart digging means calling 811 at least two days before each job. Homeowners often make risky assumptions about whether or not they should get their utility lines marked, but every digging job requires a call – even small projects like planting trees and shrubs.

If you expose or damage gas or electric lines, stop work and call Avista Utilities immediately at (800) 227-9187. Continue reading


The Avista website provides a list of emergency response details under the Safety tab.

Gas Leak
If you smell, hear, or see a gas leak, call us immediately at (800) 227-9187 from a cell phone or neighbors phone.
Although you can’t see natural gas, it’s all around you, maybe in your home, maybe running through pipes in your backyard. Colorless, odorless and lighter than air, natural gas becomes combustible when mixed with air and exposed to an ignition source. That’s why we add an odorant that smells like rotten eggs so you’ll know right away if there’s a problem. For more information on gas safety, visit online here.

Downed Power Line – call us immediately at 800-277-9187

Power Outage – call 800-277-9187 or report online here:
If your power goes out and you have not been notified in advance, please check both your electric meter and your circuit breakers. If the dial on your electric meter is spinning or if the display shows a read or flashing 88888’s, the issue will be with your equipment. Flip all your breakers to the off position and then back to the on position, including the main breaker.

Continue reading

City of Coeur d’Alene

Address: 710 E. Mullan Ave Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814CDA Logo
Phone: 208-769-2300
Webpage: www.cdaid.org

Use Coeur d’Alene Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System to report the following incidents:
Abandoned Vehicles, Animal Complaint, Code Enforcement Violation, Credit Card Fraud, Crime Tip. Graffiti, Harassing Phone Calls, Hit and Run, Identity Theft, Lost Property, Scam Calls, Supplemental Report, Theft, Traffic Concerns, Vandalism, Vandalism to Vehicle
Continue reading

City of Medical Lake

Address: City Hall P.O. Box 369 124 S. Lefevre Street Medical Lake, WA 99022
logo_longPhone: 509-565-5000
Email: city@medical-lake.org
Webpage: http://medical-lake.org/

Recycling and garbage disposal information is online here: Recycling, Lawn Waste, and Garbage

Law Enforcement Services are provided by the Spokane County Sheriff’s Department. The Crime Check number, 509-456-2233

City of Millwood

Address: 9103 E. Frederick Ave, Millwood WA 99206
Phone: 509-924-0960

Trash, Abandoned Vehicles on private property and other code enforcement complaints can be reported through this link: Code Enforcement.
Complaints may be submitted on Citizens Action Request (CAR) Forms available at City Hall service counters or downloadable here: Citizens Actions Request.  Drop off, fax or mail completed forms to City Hall.

Stray Dogs: The Spokane County Regional Animal Protection Service, or SCRAPS, takes in stray dogs and will arrange to pick up animals on weekdays if they are called at 477-2532. They also take animals at their shelter, which is located on 6815 E. Trent Avenue.

City of Spokane

dress: 808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd., Spokane, WA 99201  logo4-cityofspokane
Website: https://my.spokanecity.org/
Dial 311 (Outside city limits, use 509-755-CITY(2489))

Questions, Assistance, Reports, or Complaints: Dial 311 or report online at https://my.spokanecity.org/account/report/ Outside city limits, use 509-755-CITY(2489)
Chemical Spill into Sewer or Storm Drain: 509-625-4600; After hours 509-625-4615
Combined Sewer Overflow spill into the Spokane River: 509-625-7900 (note the CSO number on the sign located next to the outfall pipe.
Spills to Ground or Surface Water: 509-329-3400; After-hours 24/7 response: 1-800-OILS-911 (1-800-645-7911) (See Department of Ecology)

City of Spokane Recycling, Clean Green, HHW and TrashSOLID WASTE GUIDE and RECYCLE STICKER.


ConsumerAffairs.com  Consumer Affairs
297 Kingsbury Grade, Suite 1025, Mailbox 4470
Lake Tahoe, NV 89449-4470

ConsumerAffairs.com is a private, non-governmental web-based consumer news and resource center. They are not a government agency and not affiliated with any other consumer organization.  See FAQs for more information.

NOTE:  ConsumerAffairs charges a fee to companies to become accredited.

Continue reading

Department of Ecology Eastern Regional Office

Address: 4601 N Monroe, Spokane, WA 99205-1295logo2-doe
Website:  http://www.ecy.wa.gov/
Phone: 509-329-3400, 509-329-3529 fax
Report a Spill: 1-800-OILS-911 or 509-329-3400
Hearing loss – call 711 or 1-800-833-6384 for Washington Relay Service
Speech disability – call 877-833-6341 Continue reading

Idaho Department of Environmental Quality

Address: 2110 Ironwood Parkway, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814logo_ideq
Website: IDEQ Coeur d’Alene Region
208-769-1422, toll-free: 877-370-0017
Emergency Hotline: 
1.800.632.8000 or 208.846.7610  – Only for urgent pollution incidents like dumping or spills in the state of Idaho. This will activate the emergency response network of state and local authorities
Make a Report: Report an Environmental Concern in Idaho Continue reading

Kootenai County Idaho

Physical Address:
Kootenai County Administration 451
Government Way Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83814

Mailing Address:
Kootenai County, PO Box 9000
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83816-9000

Website: www.kcgov.us
Phone: 208-446-1000
For additional information or to file a complaint

Recycling and Solid Waste: Contact the offices at 3650 Ramsey Road
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83815 Telephone: (208) 446-1430. Or see the Recycling webpage and the Solid Waste webpage. Continue reading

Spokane Riverkeeper

Address: 35 W. Main Avenue Suite 300  Spokane, WA 99201logo8-srk
Website: www.spokaneriverkeeper.org
: Jerry White, Jr.  jerry@cforjustice.org
Phone: 509-835-5211  Fax: 509-835-3867
Rick Eichstaedt, Center for Justice Executive Director / Riverkeeper Attorney ricke@cforjustice.org
Make a Report: Pollution Hotline – Report Pollution or illicit discharges entering the Spokane River Continue reading