EnviroStars is a voluntary program offered to local small businesses. The program certifies businesses having practices and policies in place demonstrating proper management & reduction of hazardous and other waste. Spokane EnviroStars is a unique partnership between agencies and non-profits that provides public recognition & advertising. Envirostars began in King County in 1995 and is now available in seven Washington counties.
Find Spokane EnviroStars in the Alphabetical Directory or search by key word, industry or city to find a certified business near you.
Apply for Spokane EnviroStars Certification using the industry specific application forms.
Benefits of Certification: Watch our video to see what businesses are saying about the benefits of EnviroStars certification.
- Advertising to attract eco-smart customers – Survey results show that 80% of consumers want the businesses they patronize to reduce their use of hazardous materials.
- Get technical assistance
- Reduce regulatory burden
- Create a safer, healthier work environment
- Strengthen supplier and agency relationships
- Increase efficiency, save on disposal and material costs
- Advertising and promotion
- Promotion at 30+ annual school and community events, e.g., Interstate Fair, Valley Fest, Earth Day and Family Science Nights. See 2012-2014 Events.
- Facebook promotion at Spokane River Forum and Aqua Duck pages
- Feature E-news articles
- EnviroStars certified logo to use in marketing
- Web Promotion and Business search at
Spokane EnviroStars, EnviroStars Co-op and Spokane Aquifer Joint Board
- EnviroStars window decal
- EnviroStars framed certificate of recognition
Spokane EnviroStars sponsors invite you to gain the recognition you deserve for environmentally responsible business practices that protect our river, aquifer, air and land. Apply for Spokane EnviroStars certification today. 509-847-4337